CART (Communication Access
Realtime Translation) Services
For individuals or groups in all types of settings:
- Specializing in Medical and Veterinary School
Do You Need CART?
- Do you have trouble hearing movies and theater and classes?
- Do you wish you could take a class at a college or university?
- Would you like to attend a training session or seminar, or listen to a forum or debate?
- Have you isolated yourself from social and academic events because you can't hear the speakers or instructors?
You're Not Alone!
- 73,217 Vermont residents have some degree of hearing loss—that's 11.8% of the population.
- 30.6% of Vermont households include an individual with some hearing loss, according to the MarkeTrak report, the largest national consumer survey on hearing loss in America.
“When Norma started captioning my lectures in my second year, I noticed an amazing difference. All of the energy I had been spending on hearing the words, I could now spend learning the material. Norma has made an incredibly positive impact on my medical education. Not only has she made my life so much easier, but she has done so in a kind and professional manner. She blended into the classroom atmosphere and allowed my classmates and professors to quickly become comfortable with her presence. In fact, classmates who sat behind us often commented that they read over our shoulders to get information that they too had missed. She is intelligent and adaptable to any situation, which inspires confidence in her and her abilities. Her captioning is highly accurate, with very little delay. She is passionate about her work and is a great advocate for equal access for all. I consider myself lucky to be able to say that Norma Miller is my CART provider.” —Alycia Horn, M.D., UVM College of Medicine